- At www.pixelscience.ca, we respect and protect the privacy of our customers and those who use our websites. The following Privacy Statement provides details about how your personal information is collected and used. This privacy statement applies to the network of www.pixelscience.ca websites, products and services that are located in, but not limited to the www.pixelscience.ca domains.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- www.pixelscience.ca is the sole owner of information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. www.pixelscience.ca collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
- Our websites offers several opportunities for visitors to register for promotional and informational mailings, online surveys and resources, and for assistance in evaluating our software and services. These registration forms are often linked to www.pixelscience.ca‘s mailing lists and require users to give contact information (such as name and email address). We use this contact information to send users information about our company and its products and services if requested or necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time (see the choice/opt-out section below).
SHARING AND USAGE
- We will never share, sell, or rent your personal information with third parties for their promotional use. Occasionally, we enter into contracts with third parties so that they can assist us in servicing you (for example, providing customer service). The contracts prohibit them from using any of your personal information for their own purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them. We may also disclose information to partners who introduced you to www.pixelscience.ca‘s services in order to ensure they are properly compensated for their efforts. Lastly, we may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required under the law. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to comply with a legal process such as court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
USE OF WEB TECHNOLOGIES
- We use a variety of technologies on our sites. We may access and set cookies using web beacons, also known as single-pixel GIFs which are invisible graphical images. These web beacons provide us useful information regarding our site such as which pages users access. When we send you emails, we may include a single-pixel GIF to allow us to determine the number of people who open our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we record this individual response to allow us to customize our offerings to you.
- We also keep track of activity on our website via log files stored on our web servers. We collect information such as IP address, browser type and version, and pages you view. We also keep track of how you got to our site and any links you click on to leave our site. Once you leave our site, we do not track you. We use your website activity to assist us in offering you a personalized Web experience, assist you with technical support, diagnose problems with our server, administer our websites and to tailor our product and service offerings to you.
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer by websites that you visit. They are used to make websites work, to improve the efficiency of websites, to improve the user’s experience and to provide usage information on websites. This information should make your website visits more productive by storing and using information on your website preferences and habits.
- By continuing to use this site, you are accepting our use of these cookies that make advertising and communications more relevant to you and your interests, and further help us to improve the site.
- Your web browser can choose whether or not to accept cookies. Most web browser software is initially set up to accept them.
- We may offer cookies to you and you should ensure that your web browser is set up to not accept cookies if you do not wish to receive them. Please note that if you disable cookies, some services or website functionality may not be available. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to aboutcookies.org.
Cookie Use For Remarketing
- As a part of remarketing, third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet using cookies based on our user’s past visits to certain pages of our website.
- Some of our sites provide links to third-party websites, such as those of our business partners and online advertisers. While on these sites, www.pixelscience.ca or its partners may collect information about you. Because www.pixelscience.ca does not control the information policies or practices of these third parties, you should review their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
- We take every precaution to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information by using industry-recognized security safeguards such as firewalls, coupled with carefully developed security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. When we ask for sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, we protect it through the use of encryption during transmission, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- www.pixelscience.ca takes care to reinforce the importance of our website visitors’ security and privacy among our employees. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information and, using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, we restrict access to personal information to those employees and agents for business purposes only. Additionally, we use internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security procedures.
- www.pixelscience.ca provides users the opportunity to opt-in, opt-out or change preferences via a link in the footer of most email messages. These options are made available when you sign-up for our email lists and in email messages delivered from our company.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES